Skip to main content

Who can request an Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment?

Any practitioner working with a child, young person, parent or carer can request an EHC Needs Assessment.

If a child or young person is attending an educational setting (nursery, school, college) we recommend that you speak to the headteacher or principal of this setting and or the teacher with responsibility for children/young people with special educational needs. The educational setting can make a request on behalf of the parent, carer or young person.

If you wish to make a request for an EHC Needs Assessment, please contact:

The Bi-borough SEN Service
Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea
Kensington Town Hall
Hornton Street
W8 7NX

Telephone: 020 7361 3311


Last Updated 25/04/2019

Share your feedback on this page

Please provide feedback on our website. Try to include any constructive suggestions for improvements and we will do our best to incorporate them.