Guidance for service providers
The Information for Families website provides information to parents and carers of children and young people aged 0-19 years, or 0-25 years if their child has a Special Educational Need or Disability (SEND).
The SEND Local Offer focuses on providing accessible information to children and young people, and their families, about the local services available to children and young people (aged 0-25 years old) with SEND.
A variety of different services are published, including education, health, social care, childcare, activities/events, family support and more.
Service providers may publish their relevant local services on this website free of charge and are welcome to contribute information about:
- services suitable for children and families
- services suitable for families with a disabled child/young person or a child who has a special educational need
- services and activities to support young people's wellbeing
To do this you need to Register
Once you have signed-in to the website you can access your listings whenever you like via the My account link in the top right hand corner of the page. From your ‘Dashboard’ select "Provider Updates" to see and amend your listing/s.
If you need permission rights to access and edit a record, please contact us.
Ofsted provides basic information about registered childcare to the local authority’s Family Information Service (FIS). Once your registration becomes ‘active’ the FIS will create a service record with this information. You will then be able to update this to promote your service, advertise your vacancies, costs, opening times, upload pictures, documents and more.
Contact FIS@westminster.gov.uk to get started or if you need any other help with your Ofsted registered record.
Please also contact us if you wish to add further provision (eg out of school care, etc). Please do not try to add this yourself. We will make you a record that you can then update.
If you wish to add an event you need to make a new record OR update an archived record. Do NOT overwrite your childcare provision record. Email FIS@westminster.gov.uk if you require further help.
Please check if your activity/service is already listed before adding a new entry. If the service is listed but you do not have access to it, please contact FIS@westminster.gov.uk to enquire about obtaining permission to edit it.
(If you provide an Ofsted registered childcare service you will only be able to update the existing record, created by your local FIS team – do not create a new record).
When signed in to the My Account page click on Provider updates. You can add a new record by selecting “+Create another service”. This opens up a form in which to provide details of your service or activity. The form divides into a number of sections, and you should fill out each section with as much information as possible. If you not sure how to write your listing, try looking at other listings on the site and see how they are written;
- Service/activity/event details - Give your service or activity a short title that will be meaningful to members of the public. Don't use the same title for multiple listings. Provide a short description of your service/activity using plain English to describe what the service or activity provides.
- Contact details - These contact details will be displayed on the website. If any details change be sure to come back and update your listing.
- Venue details - Please provide a full address and postcode for your venue. It is particularly important that you provide the correct postcode as this will be used by the site in locating your service for users.
- Date and time - Please provide a brief sentence on when your service/activity takes place or details of when the service is open (for example ‘Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm’ or ‘Tuesday evenings, 7pm to 9pm’ or ‘Thursday 6 April 2017, 2pm-3pm’).
- Other details - Please provide brief details in all of the applicable boxes. Dropdown lists and tick boxes allow you to quickly select some options. If there is nothing to say, leave that section blank.
- Images - You can upload images to your listing – this may include photos of the service, or a logo. You can only upload images that are of .jpg or .png types and up to a maximum file size of 10Mb. For best results we recommend that your gallery photos are at least 500 by 500 pixels in size, however logos can be significantly smaller. Images are virus checked during upload and will be rejected if anything suspicious is found.
- Documents – For compatibility with the website’s accessibility options, we recommend adding as much content as possible directly to the service record page. However, you can also upload documents to accompany your service information if necessary. Documents are virus checked during upload and will be rejected if anything suspicious is found.
After you create a new record, you will be required to provide additional information relating to how your service is provided to children and/or young people with a Special Educational Need and/or a disability. A new form, ‘Update Local Offer’ will be available to you after your initial submission is accepted to appear on the website. Failure to provide this additional information will result in your service being removed from this website.
All changes submitted via "provider updates" must first be approved before they appear on the site. We aim to process new updates as quickly as possible, within a few working days of your submission.
When you are signed in, go to "Provider Updates" on the left-hand side of the screen.
You will be able to update any records that have a green icon underneath Service Status (this shows that the record is ‘Live’). Click on the ‘Actions’ button and a drop down list will present you with options to view, update or delete that record.
There are two forms you are required to complete - "Update record" and “Update Local Offer”. You must provide details for both.
Selecting one of these options will open a form containing the current details for that record and you can begin editing the content.
Add or update details in as many sections as you like. In general, the more complete your record is, the better your service record will look and the easier it will be to find for people browsing the site. When you have finished making all changes, scroll to the bottom of the form and click the ‘Save Record’ button. A message will appear briefly to confirm a successful save and you will be returned to your dashboard where you can select another record to update or, if you are finished, sign out using the link in the top right of the page.
If you want to update a current record that is not in your name, please contact FIS@westminster.gov.uk to discuss giving you permission rights to edit that service record.
Updates will either be sent to the Family Information Service team or the SEND Local Offer team to check before they appear live on the website. If there is a problem with the information you will be contacted but generally we will aim to process updates as quickly as possible.
You should update your record as soon as any of your public facing information changes.
If you provide information about the number of available vacancies you have, we would encourage you to check and/or update this at least twice a term. This information is particularly useful for prospective customers wanting to know about your current availability.
You can really enhance your record on the website by adding images and photographs. Open the ‘Update record’ form for your service (on the Provider updates’ page) to add images.
A small logo image will help identify your record in search results and help it stand out – you can add one logo by selecting ‘Upload logo’.
Adding photographs can really help users to understand the services you offer via a quick and visual representation. To add these, select ‘Upload image’ under Additional Images. If using photographs of service users, please ensure you have express written consent to feature them on this website.
If you do decide to add photos to a record, please consider reducing the image file size before uploading. Reducing the file size will create a faster experience for our users when they are trying to view the public website on a mobile device. For best results we recommend that your image is at least 500 by 500 pixels in size.
By default, the Family Information Service (FIS) will publish the basic details of all local Ofsted registered childcare providers on this website. Please note that the full address details of Ofsted registered childminders are not published online.
If you are a childminder you can ask the FIS to keep your record off the Internet. In this circumstance information would still be available to be given out over the phone but would not be found by parents searching for childminders on the Internet.
Contact FIS@westminster.gov.uk to arrange this.
You will be asked to enter your email address and select ‘Reset my password’.
Keep this web page open and check your emails – you will have been sent a ‘reset code’ and instructions.
Copy or make a note of the reset code you have been emailed and return to the Reset Password page. When you enter and submit the reset code correctly you will be given the option to set a new password. Enter your new password (twice) and click ‘Reset your password’ to finish the process.
You can then Sign in using your email address and your new password.
Please note, you can only reset your password if you have already registered. If you try to reset your password using an unregistered email address you will receive an error message. Choose the ‘Create an account’ option to Register.