If your child is unwell for a non-related coronavirus issue, remember that NHS 111, GPs and hospitals are still providing the same safe care that they have always done.
For the latest advice on Coronavirus and how parents and carers can support their children during this period, please visit:
- NHS coronavirus webpage
- National lockdown: stay at home
- GOV.UK coronavirus webpage
- GOV.UK guidance on opening of educational settings for parents/carers and for schools
- Why it’s important to still access health services and attend your child’s immunisation appointments
- Easy-read advice about coronavirus
- Unicef: How to talk to your children about coronavirus
- Coronavirus fact sheet and video for kids
- Information, advice and activities for young people about coronavirus
The Department of Education coronavirus helpline is available to answer questions about COVID-19 relating to education and children’s social care. Staff, parents and young people can contact this helpline on 0800 046 8687.
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday), 10am to 4pm (Saturday to Sunday)
The helpline is currently experiencing high volumes of calls. We appreciate your patience at this time and apologise for any wait that you may experience.
Last Updated 05/01/2021