Disagreements process and procedure


Add to shortlist

Disagreement resolution arrangements are put in place to resolve a wide-range of disagreements including:

  • Performance of duties
  • SEN provision
  • Disagreements over health and social care provision; and
  • Disagreements between health commissioners and local authorities

Disagreement resolution concerns all children and young people with SEN and not just those who are assessed for/or have an education, health and (social) care plan (EHC).

Disagreement resolution can be used to resolve disagreements in the early stages of the EHC needs assessment process and the development of the EHC plan.

Complaints in regards to the Education and Social Care Plan

Please contact the appropriate team below:

  • The Children's Services Customer Care and Complaints Team can be contacted on 0207 745 6501 or via email to fcsresponseservice@rbkc.gov.uk. They are based in the Kensington Town Hall, Hornton Street, W8 7NX

  • The Adult's Services Customer Care and Complaints Team can be contacted on 0800 587 0072 or via email to ASCcustomerfeedback@westminster.gov.uk. They are based at 5 The Strand, London, WC2N 5HR

Complaints in regards to Health

Please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS):

  • Call - on 020 3315 6727, Monday to Friday, 09.30-17.00. An answer phone system operates at busy times and out of hours. Please leave a message with your name and phone number and a member of staff will call you back.

  • Walk-in - Ground Floor, Main Atrium (opposite escalators and Lift Bank B), Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, 369 Fulham Road, London, SW10 9NH. Please see the hospital map here. We are open Monday to Friday, 09.30-17.00. 

  • Email -  m-pals@chelwest.nhs.uk

  • Postal address - PALS manager, Chelsea and Westminster Hopsital, 369 Fulham Road, London SW10 9NF

SEND complaints guide for young people in education

Please download the resource below for more information:

>> SEND complaints: A guide for young people in education [PDF] 1.9 

Related Links

  1. Westminster Information, Advice and Support Service (IASS)
  2. IPSEA (Independent Advice Service)
  3. Council for Disabled Children (CDC)

Related Advice

  1. Mediation process and procedure
  2. SEND Tribunal process and procedure

Page last reviewed: 29/03/2024

Skip back to top of page