Skip to main content

Community Activities Q&A

On this page, you can find answers to your questions regarding community activities for special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND).

All the questions have been submitted by local parents and answered by Local Authority staff. Click on a question to read the response.  

What activities in the community can my child access?

There are a wide range of activities available in the local area for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND). Some of these activities are specifically set-up to support children and young people with SEND, while others are mainstream services with extra support and facilities available to meet your child’s needs. You can use the Things to Do section of our Local Offer to find activities in the community that are suitable for your family.

We are always looking to expand the range of activities we list on our Local Offer. If you have experience of local community activities and would like to share your feedback with us, please contact or use the contact form on our website.

My child would like to take part in a mainstream activity but I don’t know if it will be suitable. What can I do?

We are keen that children and young people with SEND are able to take part in mainstream activities with the right support. As part of this, we work with local service providers to identify any reasonable adjustments they could make to allow this.

The work is carried out by our Inclusion Service. If you have queries regarding whether support could be put in place to allow your child to take part in a mainstream activity, you can contact the Inclusion Officer, Rafael, by emailing or calling 020 8968 2570.

Last Updated 09/04/2019

Share your feedback on this page

Please provide feedback on our website. Try to include any constructive suggestions for improvements and we will do our best to incorporate them.