Statutory Paternity Leave and Pay
What is Statutory Paternity Leave and Pay?
One or two weeks’ paid time off work so that you can help look after your new baby.
Who gets it?
You must be:
- The child’s biological father or adopter
- The mother’s partner
- The intended parent (if you’re having a baby through surrogacy).
You must also:
- Have worked for your employer for 26 weeks by the 15th week before the baby is due
- Be employed by your employer until the baby is born
- Earn at least £113 per week.
There are different rules if you adopt.
Find out more about Statutory Paternity Leave and Pay
Last Updated 19/11/2019