Questions to ask a childcare providerLast Updated 04/12/2018
There are many things you should consider when looking for childcare, particularly those that you feel will help your child.
- How long have you been working with children? What experience do they have of supporting children with additional needs.
- What qualifications and/or training do staff have, and are they relevant to your child?
- Are they trained to give medication or use specific equipment?
- Can I look around the building to see the rooms and outside play areas?
- Where will my child rest?
- What kind of food and drink will you give? Can you support my child’s dietary needs?
- What will my child be doing throughout day?
- How would they approach your child’s disability with other children/parents?
- Will my child be with a regular group of children? How old are they?
- How will they communicate with you about your child’s progress and needs?
- How does the setting manage during an emergency?