What is a Children’s Centre?Last Updated 30/12/2019
If you have a child aged 0 to 5 years old, you can receive free parenting support and information at your local Children’s Centre or Family Hub.
What can a children's centre help with?
A wide range of organisations and professionals work at your local children's centres. Together, they provide a package of support spanning childcare and early education, health, family support and help getting back into work.
Some examples of the services offered include:
- outreach support in your home provided by Family Lives
- childcare or support to promote early learning
- maternity and health visiting services for children and their families
- breastfeeding support & infant feeding.
- family support and learning, including help with parenting skills
- help getting back to work
- play sessions
- health advice - stop smoking support, breast feeding support groups in community languages, dental and oral advice
- adult education classes and training
- individual support through home visits
- support for fathers.
Get the support you need at your local centre.
For more information please click here, or call 020 7641 7929 to find out more.