We appreciate that this is a very difficult time and the unexpected loss of a loved one due to coronavirus can be particularly distressing. Please visit the Council’s website for information, guidance and advice on deaths, funerals and bereavement.
The Council have also created leaflets for families, children and young people who are grieving and dealing with loss due to coronavirus:
- Helping you with your feelings when someone close to you dies
There are a number of services available to support families, children and young people in the event of a death of a loved one:
- Child Bereavement UK - supports families and educates professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement
- Cruse: Bereavement Care and Grief Encounter - bereavement support for families, children and young people
- The Compassion Friends - supporting bereaved parents and their families
- Hope again is the youth website of Cruse Bereavement Care. It has been created for young people, by young people. Offering support, advice and a type of signposting service, solely online to children and young people who have lost a loved one/s. We want to break the isolation that grief brings, by providing a space for young people to explore their grief and feel less alone.
Last Updated 30/12/2020