Setting up new Childcare provision
Setting up new provision
If you are considering setting up new childcare provision such as a nursery, the following information may help.
Before making an application your initial steps should be to:
- Read the information documents on the right hand side.
- Download and read the ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’ (EYFS) document, a framework outlining the statutory requirements for anyone working with children aged from birth to 31 August after their fifth birthday. Downloads are available from Department of Education
- Identify suitable premises
- Identify a suitable qualified person to run your provision as stated in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Identify the registered person/committee within your organisation that will take responsibility for the implementation of the EYFS document.
- Apply and obtain a Disclosure and Barring System (DBS) check through the Ofsted website, for the registered person or members of the committee.
If after reading the information provided in this pack you have further queries, the Childcare and Early Education Team will be happy to help. You can contact the team on 020 7598 4776.
If you have completed all the above steps and feel you are in a position to make an application for registration, you can apply to Ofsted online https://online.ofsted.gov.uk/onlineofsted/Default.aspx or contact Ofsted on 0300 123 1231, if you need advice or guidance about how to apply online.
Click here for Ofsted guidance on becoming a registered early years or childcare provider in England.
Not everyone needs to register with Ofsted, but only according to certain restrictions. Click here to see when Ofsted registration is not required.
Last Updated 03/07/2020