Skip to main content

Hearing Difficulties

If you have concerns about your child's hearing, in the first instance you can speak to a professional such as A GP, health visitor, or SENCO. They can refer your child onto the appropriate services to make sure they recieve the right support.

In Westminster, the following services can offer support:

Bi-Borough Hearing Support Service

Speech and Language Therapy

Support is also offered through the following indepedent charities:

The Cochlear Implanted Children's Support Group


National Deaf Children's Society

Information on the Paediatric Audiology Service at Imperial College Healthcare Trust: 

The Paediatric Audiology service is provided at 3 sites and provide hearing assessments, follow up services and amplification for newborn babies to 18 years residing in Hammersmith & Fulham, Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea. Our sites include Charing Cross Hospital in Fulham, St. Mary’s Hospital in Paddington and Woodfield Road Medical Centre in Westbourne Park.

Who to contact

Telephone numbers

020 3312 2448 for St. Mary’s Hospital and Woodfield Road Medical Centre sites

020 3311 1020 for Charing Cross Hospital site


Referral Details

Referrals can be made by your GP, Speech and Language Therapist, Paediatricians, Hospital Consultants and Health Visitors.
Parents cannot self-refer.

Further online resources

If your children has recently received a diagnosis, your audiologist, audiovestibular physician or ear, nose and throat consultant will provide information tailored to your child, but if you would like to read further there are a number of resources you can access. 

About children's audiology services | Audiology for deaf children (

There are also a number of apps that you can download to your device that provide information and resources for you and your child.

Last Updated 12/09/2023

Share your feedback on this page

Please provide feedback on our website. Try to include any constructive suggestions for improvements and we will do our best to incorporate them.