Skip to main content

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Counselling services

Counselling is a type of talking therapy that allows a person to talk about their problems and feelings in a confidential and dependable environment. A counsellor is trained to listen with empathy (by putting themselves in your shoes). They can help you deal with any…

COVID-19 - Information from the PHE

Household isolation informtion Handwash Easy Read Information

Customer Journey

Find out more about your childcare options.

Different types of childcare

Information on childcare Childcare Whether you are looking to work or study, childcare can be the biggest barrier to overcome, however, there are many options.  Childminders Registered childminders provide care in their own home for other peoples children. They are registered with Ofsted and are inspected every…

Disability Access Fund

From April 2017, the Government introduced new funding for Early Years childcare providers to enable them to offer more places to young children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND). This funding is called the Disability Access Fund (DAF). The DFA is available to Early Years…

Disabled Children's Register

What is the Disabled Children's Register? The register is a database that holds information about children and young people with disabilities and special needs who live in the City of Westminster.   Why do we have a register and what is it used for? The…

Disclosure and Barring Service DBS checks for childcare providers

This factsheet sets out Ofsted’s position on Disclosure and Barring (DBS) checks for childcare providers who register with Ofsted.

Domestic Abuse

Any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are or have been intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality. This abuse can encompass, but is not limited to:…

Download the FIS app to your mobile device

Why not make accessing the Family Information Service easier by downloading a shortcut to your mobile device? Follow the step-by-step guides below to learn how you can do this for iPhone, iPad or Android devices.

Early Help

In Westminster we use the term early help to refer to any extra support you may need for your family.  This can range from providing information, to support in your home or recommending courses that might be helpful for you. You might already be using…