Family Lives offers a menu of services within Westminster and at the core of our service is the Outreaching to the community. We have a flexible and responsive approach, work alongside many other professionals and services to get the right support for families. We home visit or meet at a place of convenience and have workers and volunteers who speak various languages. Early Help Hubs in Westminster are places where children 0 - 19 years old and their families can have access to integrated services and information.
Families often seek support with:
- Material grants and financial support
- Childcare and nurseries
- Adult education, training and employment
- Relationship issues/Domestic violence
- Isolation & Depression and many other issues.
We are based within Children’s Centres in 3 main hub areas of Westminster:
- North East Locality - Portman Early Childhood Centre – Contact the team on 020 7641 5409/5444 Referrals to Raisa RasiaR@familylives.org.uk
- North West Locality - Queen's Park Children’s Centre- Contact the team on 020 7641 5838 Referrals to Kyriaki KyriakiB@familylives.org.uk
- South Locality - Churchill Gardens Children’s Centre- Contact the team on 020 7641 5923 Referrals to Ouassila OuassilaM@familylives.org.uk
Families with children under 5 or a pregnant mother can self-refer or professionals can send in a referral with the permission of the family. Please send Outreach referrals to the appropriate Senior Outreach Workers above.
The core functions of the Outreach Service is to act as a ‘Gateway’ for families:
- Providing support and information through home visiting
- Consultation and Involvement
2 Year Offer of free nursery
The team also support eligible families in applying for a free 2 year place at a local nursery. If you need support please call one of the teams above or go onto the nursery section.
Our Befriending Service offers:
We are offering 3 Befriending services with trained volunteers provided to support families referred to the project by either the Outreach Team or other professionals outside the organisation. Families are given emotional and/or practical support. Before a volunteer is matched with the family an Outcome Star assessment is completed where clear aims and objectives are agreed with the family. This is reviewed regularly to ensure families are getting the right support and our service is meeting their needs. The FLS team also link families to our activity programmes in the local area. Please refer to the Befriending brief document for more information and details on support offered.
- Befriending Volunteer Service for Families with children 0-5 years - up to 6 months support and 1-4 hours a week/ For further information contact our Senior Volunteer Development officer Venesha Patel on: VeneshaP@familylives.org.uk
- Befriending Volunteer Service for Families with children 5-16 years - up to six months support and 1-2 hours a week/ contact Lana Al-Waily Volunteer Development Officer on: JohnM@familylives.org.uk
- Befriending volunteer service for Early help Team only (families with 0-16yr children)- upto 4 months support and 1-2 hours a week. contact Lana Al-Waily Volunteer Development Officer on: LanaA@familylives.org.uk
- Befriending Volunteer Service for Families with children 4-11 years in CHURCH STREET area ONLY (FLS TEAM) and access to Family Learning Programmes upto six months support 1-2 hours a week/ Contact Befriending Team Leader, Michelle Caesar: MichelleCa@familiylives.org.uk or Family Learning Support Worker: LaraR@familylives.org.uk
Young People’s Support Service offers:
- Provide 1:1 support to young carer’s aged 10-15 years old who have some form of caring responsibilities. Parent/Carers will also receive family support separately from the child.
- Facilitate a weekly focused fun group session open to any young person also aged 10-15 years old across the borough (times and venue vary) If you would like to refer a young person to our service or are a young person wanting support please email Lana Al-Waily on firstname.lastname@example.org To refer into our service please fill in the form and return via email to the correct staff member.
What Families say:
Mum: “I don’t know how to thank you; it is because of you I am out of the house now”.
Dad: “I don’t mind if my wife goes with you anywhere as you are the only one she trusts and because she trusts you I trust you also. I didn’t know that there is someone who can offer the support you do”.