We are a small community of young volunteers (14-24 year olds)who live, work or study in Westminster. We share a hunger for our voices are heard in the design and delivery of the health and well-being services we use. We think it’s crucial that all young people know about their rights, are aware of all the services that are out there and that we all exercise our right to be heard.
What do we do?
- Raise awareness of health issues and services that affect young people through events, outreach, social media updates and reports.
- Speak to young people to gather their views about what health issues and services are important to you.
- Create reports to share with health and social care services representatives to try to shape and improve services for young people.
- Get involved in local health and wellbeing events and activities
- Enhance our skill sets through training opportunities
We are working on a project with CAMHS services in Westminster. We will be speaking to young users of the services, their families and/or carers as well as staff to capture their experiences and use these stories to try to force improvements by taking them to decision mkaers. We will also speak to young people across the commuity to probe their awareness of local mental health services.