Working in partnership with you: supporting children and young people to participate in what they need and want to do.
Children and Young People's Occupational Therapy (CYPOT) works collaboratively with children, their families and school communities to enable children to achieve their potential within their occupations at school, home, and the wider community. This may include access to and participation in school routines, participating in self-care, play and leisure tasks, and accessing community places. CYPOT works closely with the multi-disciplinary team, as well as wider Health, Education and Social Care services.
CYPOT may support your child through individual or group sessions in clinic, school/nursery, or home. We also provide education sessions to parents alongside other members of the team (e.g. clinical psychology and speech and language therapy).
CYPOT works to promote children & young people's access to and participation in a range of daily occupations which are meaningful to them. Our Occupational Therapists may see a child or young person who require input for:
- Positioning and posture to support participation in everyday activities
- Developing the skills needed to participate in self-care tasks (e.g. tooth brushing, toileting, washing, dressing, eating)
- Personal organisation and managing transitions between activities or environments
- Participating in learning tasks - e.g. writing, using scissors, selecting and organising tools/belongings
- Access to play/ leisure resources at home, school, and the wider community
- Physical access to places and spaces at home, school, and the wider community. This may include supporting a child with gross motor coordination difficulties
- Upper Limb management for children and young people with neurological conditions (e.g. Cerebral palsy)
- In North Westminster, your child will attend clinic appointments at: The Medical Centre 7E Woodfield Road London W9 3XZ
- In South Westminster, your child will attend clinic appointments at: Cheyne Child Development Service Doughty House Chelsea and Westminster Hospital 369 Fulham Road SW10 9NH