Carers Network provides a tailored service to unpaid carers; supporting them to identify their needs and empowering them to make informed choices for themselves and the person they care for. Core services include:
• Information – carers who look after someone aged 18 or over are offered a Carers Assessment, a support plan and information about their rights. We also have a quarterly newsletter and a monthly e-bulletin packed full of the latest information for carers.
• Practical Support: Form-filling (carers allowance form only), advice, liaising with professionals, signposting and grant applications to other organisations.
• Support Groups: These allow carers to meet, socialise and support each other.
• Specialist Support: We have an enhanced level of support which may involve more in-depth casework and advocacy.
- Young adult carers can access support here
• Financial Support: We can support eligible carers to apply for financial help towards items or services that will enable them to take a break from their caring role.
• Consultation: We also facilitate Carers Action, a forum of elected carers which acts as a mechanism for statutory commissioners and providers to consult with carers in Westminster, and the Carers Forum for carers in Hammersmith and Fulham.
- End of Life Support: Our dedicated End of Life project supports older carers (aged 65 or over) who are caring for someone at the end of their life
- The Westminster Carers Time Bank enables carers to support each other through exchanging skills, knowledge and experience