Whizz-Kidz provides disabled children and young people with vital moblity equipment, opportunities to meet and have fun, and training to help them gain skills and look forward to a bright future.
Whizz-Kidz helps provide mobility equipment such as powered wheelchairs, manual wheelchairs, sports wheelchairs, trikes and buggies that are not always available from the NHS.
It also provides services so children and young people who are disabled can:
- Have fun and make friends, learn new skills, and create campaigns at one of 45 local Ambassador Clubs across the UK.
- Gain new skills through work placements with a range of employers
- Gain more independence through learning how to be more in control of their wheelchair, with the Wheelchare Skills Training scheme.
- Build up confidence and knowledge with Skillz for Life training - delivered online and at Amabassador Clubs.
- Have short breaks with Camp Whizz-Kidz, a three day residential camp, which includes life skills sessions, wheelchair training and an awards cerermin to recognise the achievements the young people have made over the three-day camp.
- Develop vital leadership, decision-making and teamwork skills through the Young Leaderz programme.