The Autism Support Signposting Information Services Team (ASSIST) is a part of The National Autistic Society. ASSIST is commissioned by Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Westminster and Kensington and Chelsea local authorities to provide free support for adults on the autism spectrum.
About the team
The ASSIST London team are experienced working with people on the autism spectrum. We are patient, friendly and try our best to provide you with the support and advice required.
What ASSIST offers:
- Appointments - One to one appointments provide an opportunity to talk about and find ways of managing a wide range of issues including employment, education, housing, coping strategies, physical and mental wellbeing, domestic skills and welfare.
- Groups - Weekly, monthly and bespoke groups for people to develop their social networks and friendship groups. The groups include social gatherings, autism advocacy groups, and information seminars on topics such as personal safety and being on the autism spectrum.
- Community - They deliver autism awareness classes for professional organisations which can help promote autism awareness in the community.
Who is eligible?
To receive support from ASSIST you need to:
- Have a diagnosis, or be seeking a diagnosis of Asperger syndrome or High Functioning Autism.
- Live in either Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Westminster and Kensington and Chelsea.
- Not eligible to receive adult social care support.
When and where do the appointments take place?
Appointments can take place face-to-face, by phone, text or via Skype. Times are available Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm. The appointments can take place in a variety of locations such as the centre in Ladbroke Grove, coffee shops, libraries and they also can visit people at home.
How do I make an appointment?
To make an appointment please complete and return the referral form. Once we receive this, one of our team will be in contact to arrange a suitable day, time and location to meet.
What happens during the first appointment?
During the first appointment we will create a support plan with you. This plan outlines the different areas of support and goals you would like help with. This provides a focus to work towards during the sessions.