The aim of The Brunswick Club for Young People is to provide a safe and friendly environment in which young people can develop their physical, creative, mental, and social skills through their leisure time activities. Originally formed in 1945 with donations pledged by British prisoners of war held in Brunswick, Germany, the Club is now a purpose built youth centre offering educational and leisure facilities to children and young people, aged 8-19 years, from low income families resident in Hammersmith & Fulham.
The Club provides services six days a week, 45 weeks of the year, has a membership of over 650 children and young people and an average daily attendance of 85. Currently we provide:
- a three day a week Senior Youth Club for young people in school years 7+;
- a two day a week Junior Youth Club for children in school years 3-6;
- a weekly after school club for children aged 8-16 years with moderate learning difficulties;
- a weekly table tennis club for children in school years 2-6;
- football teams from Under 9s to Under 15s;
- seven weeks of Junior holiday activity schemes for children in school years 3-6;
- an annual weekend residential to Hindleap Warren Outdoor Education & Activity Centre in East Sussex for the whole Club; and
- a variety of personal self-development workshops.
All of our services make use of the extensive, recently refurbished facilities at the Club, which include a youth activity and games area, a screening room, a meeting room, a kitchen, a sports hall, a martial arts gym, a fitness gym, an outdoor decking area and a floodlit, all weather, 3G, 7-a-side football pitch.