Contact is a charity set-up by and supporting families of children with disabilities.
Information and Guidance
Contact offers independent information and guidance to families through the following projects:
- free helpline offering independent advice to thousands of parents every year on a wide range of disability-related issues.
- parent resources covering education, health and social care.
- validated medical information service offering disability-specific information on symptoms, care and treatment/support available.
- workshops and information sessions across the UK, equipping parents with information and advice to help them when caring for their child with disability.
- Emotional support to parents in children's hospitals and hospices across the UK.
Contact aims to bring parents together so they can support each other through any number of issues. This is achieved through:
- parent support groups acorss the UK
- regional Contact offices arranging fun days and outings
- signposting through their SENDirect service
The charity also support parents add their voice to national and local policy development by: