Westminster and Kensington and Chelsea Early Intervention in Psychosis Service is for people aged 14-35 experiencing their first episode of psychosis. Once referred, service users can remain with the team for three to five years.
The aims of the service include:
- Early detection, assessment and effective treatment of symptoms.
- Reducing the duration of psychosis through improved access to services.
- Optimistic views about recovery, focused interventions.
- Providing a wide range of psycho-social interventions and support.
- Providing support, education and intervention for family and carers.
- Working in partnership and establish links with a range of statutory and non-statutory services.
- Improving vocational and educational outcomes for people experiencing a first episode of psychosis.
Please note that access to this service requires a referral. Please speak to your GP or social worker for further information.
More information can be accessed on the following leaflet.