We offer confidential counselling for everyone. In particular, we are keen to support people who would not normally seek help through counselling. All clients need to be registered with a GP.
We offer counselling support in different ways:
Early Intervention Counselling
- Aimed at providing immediate support after an unexpected death. Sessions are with the same counsellor each week on the same day and the same time.
- Each session lasts 50 minutes. Clients are offered three sessions.
- Clients see the same counsellor each week on the same day and the same time.
- Each session lasts 50 minutes. Clients are usually offered up to 12 sessions. In specific circumstances this may be extended to up to 20 sessions.
Bereavement Group Counselling
- Working together with two group counsellors, clients learn to support each other.
- Bereavement Counselling groups run for 8 weeks and each session is 2.5 hours. We offer face-to-face and online bereavement counselling groups. Click here to register your interest in one of our Bereavement Counselling Groups in 2023.
Counselling in Preparation for a Bereavement
- Counselling for people who are not bereaved but have a terminally ill friend or relative.
- Loss counselling is aimed at clients who need support with a significant loss in their life, such as a relationship or job.
- When an employee or a colleague dies, the personal and professional worlds meet. This can create additional strain for everyone. We can work with employers to offer support by arranging group or individual counselling sessions. Please contact our Director, Vybra Morris, to discuss further.