Download the Westminster Disabled Children's Team eligibility criteria here.
Eligibility criteria [PDF] 41 Kb
The Westminster Disabled Children’s Service is provided by two teams who work closely together: the Social Work team and the Short Breaks team.
Social Work Team
The Disabled Children’s Team provides specialist services to disabled children and their families. These include:
- Assessments to access complex needs support packages
- Emotional and practical support
- Advice and signposting
- Child Safeguarding Services
- Services to Looked After Disabled Children
Short Breaks Team
This team is part of the Bi-Borough service and includes:
- Principal Keyworkers and Keyworkers
- Occupational therapists
- Bi-Borough Direct Payments Officer
- Bi-Borough Inclusion Officer
This is a Multi Agency team who support you to look after your Disabled Child. They offer a variety of services which include:
- Parenting Interventions/workshops/group work
- Occupational therapy - Assessments, aids and equipment to help children live more independently and advice on alterations required in the home.
- Short term breaks - Care for a disabled child at home or in a different setting to give parents a break.
- Funded play provision/ activities for children/ young people - Information and advice to help you access local and specialist play services.
- Direct Payments - Money given to parents/ carers or disabled young people aged 16+ to purchase the services they want themselves.