Your child may qualify for free school meals if you or their other parent are receiving Income Support, income-based Job Seekers Allowance from the Department of Social Security (DSS) or support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
Under the current criteria, children who receive, or whose parents receive, one or more of the following support payments are eligible to receive free school meals
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (NASS)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Please note that even if you would not require a free meal for your child, if you are entitled, your child’s school can still qualify for additional funding, allowing them to spend more on your child’s education.
Please note that this form should only be used if your child is attending a school in Westminster City Council. Once the form is completed, please return it to:Free School MealsP.O. Box 649Weston-Super-MareBS23 9NR