QEII School is a maintained local authority school for pupils aged between 4 – 19 years of age, with severe learning difficulties and profound and multiple learning difficulties.
QEII offer pupils a positive and supportive learning environment within which we deliver the best possible education to meet their individual learning needs. They work hard to ensure that all our children feel positive about themselves and their learning, and consequently acquire a high level of self-esteem. All successes, no matter how small, are celebrated. We aim to instil in our pupils an understanding of the importance of being part of our community and of the need to value and respect friends, family and staff.
The curriculum is integrated, and maximum use is made of all learning opportunities, nomatter the focus of the topic or lesson. They recognise that our students need to learn at every opportunity, from the minute they enter school in the morning to the moment they leave at the end of the day. The school has excellent facilities, and its position near shops and local community facilities enables us to work with our pupils in a wide range of differing environments. This creates chances to work in real-life settings within which they learn social and life skills and can put into practice the skills they have learnt in school.
Our Mission & Vision
Westminster Federation of Special Schools, Bi-borough Inclusion Service aims to be a centre of excellence for the delivery of dynamic and creative special education to pupils, staff, parents, mainstream schools and the community.
Is for the Federation of Westminster Special Schools and the Bi-borough Inclusion Service to be renowned as a leading provider for special education with commitment, drive, ambition and passion focussing on:
Integrating all aspects of pupils’ learning and development,
Excellent and creative teaching leading to meaningful outcomes
High expectations of achievements for all.
High quality support to mainstream and other special schools resulting in positive inclusive practice.
This will be achieved by:
- Creating a learning environment which is safe yet exciting, positive and encouraging, respectful and understanding, inclusive and aspirational promoting health and wellbeing as fundamental to achievement
- Promoting high standards in teaching, learning and leadership through rigorous self-evaluation and shared accountabilities for continuous school improvement
- Effective use of resources, ensuring the money is well spent
- Encouraging all members of the federation to reach their potential
- Valuing the contribution of all, building confidence and self belief
- Providing a creative, integrated and holistic approach to supporting pupils in developing their knowledge and understanding of the world
- Preparing all pupils for their future role in adult life with successful transitions
- Working in partnership with parents and other professionals both within and beyond the school, including increased involvement with the wider local community
Moving forward together, ensuring pupils, their families and federation staff achieve the best they can with the opportunities and support available.
*The details shown here were taken from the organisation's website