What does this service do?
Rainbow play scheme offers a variety of activities for children. These activities include:
- Multi-sensory activities to help develop senses and skills and support to socialisation
- Activities are adapted to each child’s individual needs and include different tactile sensory art activities like clay play, dough modelling, cutting, pasting, gluing/sticking and messy play.
- Regular music workshops with a professional musician
- Regular football sessions with a professional football coach
- The coaches will help children develop their understanding of movement, literacy, language, maths, creativity, knowledge and understanding through play
The playschemes takes place between 8am–6pm, Monday to Friday (9.30am–3pm for disabled children / special needs)
Who is this service available to?
This service is available for children aged between 2 and 8 years. The inclusive nature of the playschemes works very well as both children with disabilities and non-disabled children are able to learn from each other and enjoy each other’s company.
How do you access this service?
The cost of a playscheme place is dependant on the services provided per day, however, this cost is included in the fee for regular children who attend the nursery. If your child has a disability, they will need to be referred by the local authority Disabled Children's Team so that they can attend.
How do we ensure the quality of this service?
The centre is inspected by Ofsted under section 49 and 50 of the Childcare Act 2006.