Healthy Early Years London (HEYL) is an award scheme sponsored by the Mayor of London which supports and recognises achievements in child health, wellbeing and education in early years settings. Building on the success of the local Healthy Early Years programme, HEYL will help to reduce health inequalities by supporting a healthy start to life across themes that include healthy eating, oral and physical health and early cognitive development. HEYL complements and enhances the statutory Early Years Foundation Stage framework, adding to the focus on children, families and staff health and wellbeing.
Health Education Partnership have been commissioned to provide free training and support to participating settings in Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster. Training courses include:
• Achieving the HEYL Bronze award
• Achieving the HEYL Silver and Gold awards
• The Eat Better Start Better Guidelines and menu planning in the early years
• Step into Purposeful Physical Play
• A whole setting approach to emotional wellbeing
• Promoting good oral health in the early years (in partnership with CLCH oral health team)