CareTrade is a multi-award winning charity providing innovative opportunities for Londoners with autism to transition from school/college towards and into employment.
In our first 6 years we have supported over 100 individuals from 14 boroughs and have developed four leading employment focused projects.
- All participants report increased self-confidence
- 92% of graduates from The Autism Project @GSTT are work ready
- 57% of those on Employment Opportunities gain paid employment or a paid apprenticeship within 6 months
- 2 have remained in the same position for over 5 years now
We are currently running one project aimed at preparing and supporting young people with autism into employment.
- The Autism Project is a full time 2 year course; students attend 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday, for 72 weeks. The aim of the course is to help young adults with autism (18-25) prepare for employment by offering work experience placements in a supportive environment at Guy's & St. Thomas' Hospitals.
We also provide in work support (funded by DWP Access to Work) and are officially a City & Guilds Centre. CareTrade successfully applied to be categorised and published, as of 31 August 2016, as a Special post-16 institution on GOV.UK