Medical Nursing and Support


If your child is feeling unwell and is in need of medical assisstance, the first point of call should be their GP or 999 in an emergency. 

Children with special educational needs or disabilities may need long term medical assistance at home - this can be obtained through the Children's Community Nursing Service. Support includes:

Kaleidoscope Team of Home Staff
(formerly Home Care Support Team)

Special School Nurses

Community Play Specialists

Kaleidoscope Palliative Care Service

Please note that for some children your specialist advice may be provided by Health Professionals  in the hospital where your child is regularly seen and monitored. So therefore they may not referred to the services listed above.

Page last reviewed: 21/02/2024

Skip back to top of page